Every year on or near Earth Day we host a 5km or 8km Run/Walk to raise environmental awareness in Strathroy-Caradoc. By running or walking in Simply Run, you are taking the initiative to make a difference and help support our efforts to make Strathroy-Caradoc a greener place to live.
Simply Run is a running event that uses little or no waste by:
- Having our route map online and clearly marked the day of the run.
- Only reusable water bottles will be allowed on site, with a water station positioned at the beginning of the run and at the halfway point of the run
- Not distributing chips or bibs. Plan It Green believes we can produce a run that is about conserving and simplicity; let it be about the run.
- Online registration is available or locally, in person at Fresh Clothing at 86 Frank Street in Strathroy which reduces the amount of paper required.
- Any posters are made from recycled material only.
Simply Run 2012
For more information on the run of 2012 click here.
Earth Run 2011
Last year we worked with Earth Run for our first taste of hosting a run. For information on this run click here.